Learn all about herbs and spices in this cooking class with culinary instructor Suzanne Landry. Registration required.
This Herb and Spice Primer will cover:
• Flavor families from different cuisines
• The 5 flavors our tongue recognizes
• How to buy, store and substitute fresh for dried herbs and spices
• Guidelines when using a pinch vs a teaspoon
• Stocking the pantry with a basic spice list that everyone should have.
We will enjoy some samples of dishes using fresh herbs and spices. Handouts and recipes included.
Suzanne Landry is a Celebrity Chef, Wellness Educator and author of The Passionate Vegetable and Fresh Food Matters. Suzanne has over thirty five years’ experience as a culinary instructor, educator, and industry consultant, and has inspired many people toward a healthier lifestyle.